VERSION 1.0 LAUNCHES APRIL 2ND, 2020!
Most of you have heard by now: the release date for version 1.0 of Them’s Fightin’ Herds is April 2nd, 2020!!
We first made the announcement during our Story Mode Preview stream last Friday. In case you missed it, here are the links to the VoD:
To commemorate the occasion, we’re making a formal post about it. But first, surprise! We just launched a… BRAND. NEW. WEBSITE. You can check it out right now: https://mane6.com
Some notes about the new site:
- themsfightinherds.com still works, but it redirects to mane6.com (for now).
- manesix.com/presskit is no longer a thing. We rolled all that content into the new site across the Media, Team, and Contact pages.
- The Book of Lore has been archived, but it is still accessible from the footer menu. Please remember that it is no longer considered canon!
Now that the confetti has settled a little bit, we’d like to take the time to provide some facts about what this release is, and what it isn’t.
TFH has been on Steam for Windows PC in Early Access for a little over two years and has since reached a feature-complete multiplayer experience including online play. Version 1.0 ships with only one additional major feature: Chapter 1 of Story Mode.
What is Story Mode?
Our Story Mode features a unique combination of four types of gameplay. For demonstrations, follow the links to be directed to specific points during our Story Mode Preview (still a work-in-progress).
Navigate through settlements and dungeons in a top-down retro-style overworld. Scavenge for secrets to achieve 100% completion.
Chat with NPCs about… whatever you want to talk about! Our conversation system features dynamic, branching dialogue to allow players to breeze through or stay awhile to dig into the lore.
Minigames and Challenges
Tackle a variety of platforming courses, overworld minigames, and dungeon puzzles.
Unleash everything you’ve learned against “ascended” boss versions of predators and cast members.
The narrative will move in (mostly) chronological order with each chapter focusing on one member of the cast at at time. In Chapter 1, you play as Arizona. Chapter 2 (when it is released) will feature Velvet. We’ll reveal which characters are in what order for future chapters at a later date.
We consider version 1.0 to be TFH’s graduation from “Early Access” into “Full Release”, but this does not mean the game is “Done”. We still have a huge list of improvements to make, new platforms to port to, features to add, and post-launch content to produce (like new characters).
At the moment, we’re focusing absolutely all of our efforts towards the completion of Chapter 1. Nothing else. Here is a list of the things we will NOT be working on until AFTER 1.0, including, but not limited to:
- Linux/Mac ports (though we’re already a decent way through it).
- Console ports (we’d like to be on consoles, but we can’t start until after 1.0 is out).
- Additional characters (#7 is still a goat).
- Additional chapters of Story Mode (just chapter 1 is in this release).
- Level 3 supers (requires extensive balance testing).
- Physical backer rewards (will be a few months to produce).
- [insert game feature here] (sorry, chapter 1 is getting everything we have right now!)
And there you have it! Time to lock ourselves back in our caves while we continue working on the release. See you all next month.